ESL Job in Sydney
$53.57 – $69.19 per hour
ELICOS (ESL, EFL, ELT, TESOL) English teachers
Casual, part-time and full-time positions
What you need to know about us
Universal English College (UEC), an affiliate of AISI, is one of the longest running private English language college for international students in Australia – we’ve been delivering the highest quality English language courses to international students for more than 30 years. We also offer high quality business VET programs through our RTO, UEC Business.
We are currently looking for professional, engaging, dynamic enthusiastic, English teachers to join our passionate team in the heart of the Sydney CBD.
What you need to know about this role
We offer General English, IELTS and Academic English courses. Due to rapid growth with the return of international students, we are looking for English teachers for both day and night classes.
Our greatest need at present is night teachers, so if you are available to teach between 4:30pm and 8:50pm weeknights, you will have a greater chance of getting hired sooner.
UEC teachers are expected to be professional, dynamic, interested and interesting with a real passion for teaching and learning.
All candidates must have a degree and a Certificate IV in TESOL. You must also have legal work rights for Australia. Both experienced and newly-qualified teachers are encouraged to apply.
Salary and conditions are as per the Educational Services (Post-Secondary Education) Award 2020, https://awardviewer.fwo.gov.au/award/show/ma000075)
Up to 4 hours of paid training offered
What you’d be doing
- Preparing and delivering high-quality English lessons
- Teaching English from the Sydney campus
- Being the face of the UEC business to students, which means being friendly, professional, patient and customer-service focused
- Marking and administrative tasks associated with the teaching role
- Having fun at work
What you’d need to succeed
- Passion for teaching and learning
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- To be comfortable and effective working independently as well as part of a driven team
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a busy team environment
- IT skills in Microsoft Office and Zoom and an ease and interest in technology generally
- A positive, flexible attitude
If this sound like you, please send us your CV and an email or cover letter that states your availability (days, times and potential start date) to Samuel Ng at email@example.com