$50 – $69.99 per hour
About the Role:
We are currently seeking passionate English language teachers to join our growing Brisbane and Gold Coast team, available to start immediately. Class hours are 9:00am-3:00pm, on a part-time or casual basis. The hourly rate will be determined based on candidates’ qualifications and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Teach English as second language in our General English programme;
• Delivering fun lessons using Communicative and Task-based Approaches;
• Teach students from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds;
• Facilitate learning using student-centred approaches and teaching strategies;
• Develop lesson plans and create resources to engage students in innovative ways;
• Assess students’ progress and language proficiency levels;
• The usual administration tasks such as marking attendance;
• Mark attendance in our student management system;
• Assign and correct homework;
• Attend regular team meetings;
• Report student problems to the academic team;
• Manage students’ individual needs;
• Maintain professional development.
Skills and Qualities:
• A strong and deep knowledge of English grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation;
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
• A proven ability teaching English as a Second Language in a multi-cultural setting (Teach students from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds);
• A willingness to learn new skills through Professional Development;
• An ability to work with others.
• Hold a degree or diploma of at least three years full-time or equivalent (teaching or other);
• Hold a suitable Certificate IV in TESOL or higher
• Appropriate TESOL teaching experience (ELICOS experience preferred);
• Ability to work autonomously;
• Excellent written and communication skills.