ESL Job in Canberra
QIBA Pty Ltd (trading as Queensland International Business Academy) is an Australian government registered training organisation delivering full time Nationally Accredited Vocational Education courses, ELICOS (English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students) Courses, Part-Time and Full-Time programs in PTE Academic as well as the Professional Year Program (PYP) for Graduates of Information and Communications Technology. Our Registered Training Organisation Number is 5304 and CRICOS provider code is 01515J.
We are known simply as QIBA.
We are looking to expand our teams at both the QIBA Canberra (and Sydney) campuses by engaging some ELICOS Teachers to deliver English Language programs such as General English. The roles are casual positions (over 4 days per week), typically Monday to Friday, and we are seeking teachers who are able to start at the beginning of July 2023. Delivery is onsite and face-to-face.
- To begin teaching ELICOS classes at the Canberra (and Sydney) campuses.
- To maintain compliance with the National ELICOS Standards 2018 and the National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Training to Overseas Students 2018.
- To teach the ELICOS programs on a casual basis, in particular General English.
- To ensure students are placed in a class appropriate to their current language proficiency level, learning goals and learning needs.
- Where a special need is identified for a student, in consultation with the Academic Director make arrangements to address the need and support the student to learn effectively.
- Inform students of the outcomes to be achieved from the particular ELICOS course and, for each learning block, the learning outcomes for that block.
- Research course content and developments in English language teaching to meet student needs.
- Maintain records of teaching delivery ensuring that learning outcomes are documented.
- Maintain records of attendance ensuring that students who are absent are documented.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the ELICOS courses by making adjustments based on feedback from students, monitoring the appropriateness of delivery for student groups and regularly evaluating the learning outcomes achieved.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of student assessment by taking into account student feedback, appropriateness of assessment and outcomes achieved.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of new developments in TESOL theory and practice.
- To provide academic and future progress advice to students in an intercultural context.
- To work in close collaboration with the marketing officer and student services officer at the Sydney and Brisbane Campus in order to promote the ELICOS courses.
Qualification and/or Experience:
ELICOS teachers must have the following qualifications as per ELICOS Standards 2018 P6.4
- a degree or diploma of at least three years full-time or equivalent (teaching or other).
- a Certificate IV in TESOL or higher
- appropriate TESOL teaching experience or are formally mentored by a senior staff member with this experience.