ESL Job in Melbourne
$55 – $70 per hour
Smart English is growing! If you believe that teaching is a vocation and are all about the student learning experience, then we are the right school for you.
We are currently recruiting qualified and experienced ELICOS teachers to join our vibrant, multi-cultural and professional Melbourne team.
To be a successful applicant you will need to: a) Be a team player b) Have great communication and interpersonal skills c) Be willing to work in a dynamic environment.
- Prepare and deliver engaging General English classes to international students
- Deliver classes according to weekly learning outcomes
- Encourage student participation by teaching with a range of communicative activities
- Work in a vibrant and dynamic ELICOS environment with opportunities to explore other areas of the industry
- Participate a range of Professional Development sessions on relevant teaching topics
- Gain experience and understanding of the ELICOS sector
Required Expertise / Qualifications
- Hold a degree or diploma of at least three years full-time or equivalent (teaching or other)
- Hold a Certificate IV in TESOL
- Have ESL teaching experience overseas or in Australia
Job Type: Casual
- Schedule: Morning / Afternoon / Evening Shifts
Ability to commute/relocate: Melbourne, VIC: Reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Experience: Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
Licence/Certification: Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) (Required), TESOL Certificate IV (Required), Working with Children Check (Required)
- Work Authorisation: Australia (Required)