ESL Jobs in Morocco
EFL teaching minutes from Morocco’s famed Djemaa al-Fna square!
The American Language Center of Marrakesh (ALC) has positions starting September 1st, 2023
• Native speaker of English with US, Canadian, UK, Australian, New Zealand, South African citizenship
• B.A. + TESOL certificate (with practical teaching)
• At least one year of overseas EFL teaching experience (full-time)
SALARY & BENEFITS:
• 163-183 Dirhams per contact hour (approx. $16 – $18USD) (Example: post-tax monthly salary based on 19 contact hours per week paid at 166.50 Dirhams per hour is approximately $1,000 per month). Options for extra teaching hours are available after you have completed the first session.
• Reimbursement of airplane ticket to Morocco up to 5,000 Dirhams (approximately $500)
• Monthly housing allowance (taxed) in addition to salary up to net 2,000 Dirhams (approximately $200)
• Monthly tax-free meals/transportation stipend of 900 Dirhams (approximately $90)
• Health insurance (80% paid including medical, dental, prescription drugs & hospitalization)
• Return airfare upon completion of 1 year contract (up to 5,000 Dirhams) and round-trip ticket for a renewed contract (up to 10,000 Dirhams)
• One month vacation + approximately 6 more weeks of holidays & breaks between sessions during which teachers receive their full monthly salaries
The American Language Center of Marrakesh is a member of the American Cultural Association, a private, non-profit association with 11 language centers (ALCs) located in Morocco. All classrooms have wifi, flat-screen TVs with USB ports and ACs. Our staff room and supplementary hard drives are stocked with supplementary materials to support your teaching. Our center and annex each have a café for our students & teachers to enjoy.
JOB DUTIES AND OPPORTUNITIES:
We are looking for full-time teachers (19 contact hours per week or more) who are familiar with and supportive of the communicative approach to language acquisition. This includes a student-centered, interactive classroom with regular, varied pair work and group work activities. We are interested in teachers who keep teacher talk time to a minimum.
Other opportunities available:
- Lead clubs for students – weekly meetings conducted in English on a wide variety of topics (such as US History & Culture or Movies).
- Assist with projects such as exam proofreading and involvement in our English for the Vision-Impaired Program.
Professional development opportunities offered through the ALC include in-house workshops and participation in the annual all-ALC conference.
TO APPLY FOR A POSITION:
Interested applicants should send a current CV; a 1-page cover letter briefly describing your teaching philosophy and why you would like to teach with ALC Marrakesh; a demo video of your teaching; scanned copies of relevant diplomas, certificates and the first page of your passport; and 2 letters of recommendation from supervisors (with their e-mail addresses) to:
Note: Only candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted for this position.