ESL Job in Morocco:
YOUNG LEARNER / ADULT LEARNER TEACHING OPPORTUNITY with THE AMERICAN LANGUAGE CENTER EL JADIDA AFTER SCHOOL EFL PROGRAM – START DATE SEPTEMBER 2023
The American Language Center (ALC) El Jadida is looking for full-time classroom teachers (20-23 contact hours per week) who are familiar with and supportive of communicative, student-centered language instruction and the use of ed-tech apps in the classroom. This entails managing a student-centered classroom with regular, varied pair- and group-work activities, games, movement and creative in-class task-based projects. Fun and effective conversational English instruction is our focus.
The American Language Center El Jadida is a member of the American Cultural Association, a private, non-profit association with 12 Language Centers located in Morocco. Classrooms are equipped with flat-screen TVs with USB ports, wifi, and AC. Teachers also have access to our bookroom stocked with teaching resources and additional supplementary materials through our online subscriptions.
Professional development opportunities offered through the ALC include in-house workshops and participation in our annual all-ALC TEFL Conference.
- B.A. degree
- TESOL Certificate
- Candidates must document a minimum of one years’ overseas general EFL teaching experience (full-time), preferably with adolescents, young adolescents and children.
Experience in university level instruction, ESL, EAP, Business English, test-prep, tutorial (one-on-one or very small group) and short-term substitution is assigned less weight in assessing experience and overall suitability for this position.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Locally competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Accommodations for limited period upon arrival
- Monthly housing stipend
- Health insurance (80% paid including medical, dental, prescription drugs & hospitalization)
- Paid vacation and holidays, including: one month vacation in August, school breaks, and national holidays
- Moroccan Arabic or French language lessons
- Biennial home leave airfare (limited value) starting at the beginning of the period of employment
Other possible opportunities include:
- Leading clubs for students – weekly meetings conducted in English on a wide variety of topics (such as business, drama, public speaking)
- Assisting with community service club projects
TO APPLY, SEND the following attachments to email@example.com:
- A current CV
- A 1-page cover letter briefly describing your approach to classroom instruction and why you would like to work with ALC El Jadida
- Scanned copies of relevant diplomas & certificates
Please visit our website (alceljadida.ma) for general information and our Facebook page
*Only candidates who meet our criteria will be contacted for this position.