ESL Job in Saudi Arabia
KING FAHD UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM & MINERALS
DHAHRAN, SAUDI ARABIA
EFL/ESL Instructor/Lecturer Positions
2-year Renewable Direct Hire Contracts
This position is open for female and male applicants
Female applicants will be given priority
(Start date: August, 2023)
King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals is an English-medium university in the Eastern Province of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It started as the College of Petroleum and Minerals in 1963, training workers for ARAMCO, the Saudi oil company and largest oil company in the world. Over time, it has grown to become a top 200 university according to international university rankings. Every year, some 1,800 – 2000 students join KFUPM from the top 2% of eligible high school graduates, hoping to study engineering and technical subjects in English.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to apply for the post of instructor/lecturer in the KFUPM Preparatory English Program, a foundation course for technical disciplines. Faculty are contracted for 20 classroom contact hours per week plus 5 hours administrative and tutorial duties.
- Citizenship: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
- Native speakers of English
- Graduate of an Anglophone university
- A full-time MA in TEFL/TESOL/Applied Linguistics or a related discipline plus two years’ post qualification overseas experience.
- Either a one-year postgraduate diploma in TEFL/TESOL from an accredited university plus two years’ overseas experience, or a RSA/UCLES DELTA with two years’ overseas experience.
- A BA/BSc degree with a full-time 120-hour postgraduate certificate in TEFL/TESOL including a practicum, plus five years’ experience.
- Competitive salary
- Significant paid holidays
- Merit-based overtime opportunities
- Income tax-free compensation
- Rent-free fully furnished and maintained on-campus housing
- Free utilities
- Annual round-trip air tickets for faculty and up to 3 family members
- Free medical and dental care
- Free access to on-campus fitness center/ swimming pool and off-campus private beach
- Education subsidy for faculty with school-age children
- Monthly transportation allowance
KFUPM campus may be viewed online by clicking the following link to a You Tube video: https://youtu.be/2I3AhhRKT_Q
Generous faculty leave with full pay includes national and Islamic holidays, a mid-semester break and a long annual holiday, usually in summer.
Opportunities exist for separately merit-based, contracted and paid employment on KFUPM daytime overtime, evening courses, short courses, and the KFUPM four-week and eight-week summer program.
If you are interested in applying to KFUPM and meet our requirements, send an e-mail to email@example.com and under subject write APPLICATION FORM 2/2023-PEP. In your e-mail include your C.V., date of birth, place of birth and nationality at birth.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we’re only able to respond to applicants who pass the initial screening. Suitable applicants will be sent a KFUPM application form and request for supporting material and documents. Subject to successful initial screening, you will be invited to interview. Online interviews will be conducted for all applicants via Zoom.