ESL Job in Somaliland
We are currently recruiting motivated, self-reliant teachers for the 2022-2023 school year, commencing in January 2023.
We are looking for ambitious and motivated teachers to take on an exciting challenge to teach in Somaliland. If you want to touch lives each passing day, if you believe that every child deserves the right to a high-quality education, if you want to prepare students for unlimited global opportunities, apply today!
Join us and use your skills to prepare students for a life of character, knowledge, integrity and excellence. The impact you will have on the lives of your students will be rewarding and long-lasting.
Our mission is to create a safe and healthy learning environment that nurtures, motivates and challenges all students to achieve the highest level of academic excellence and to develop into mindful, responsible, contributing participants in their education, and communities.
- Full room and board on campus (modern individual private apartment provided)
- A monthly salary
- IT developmnet opportunities (CISCO Networking Academy training & certifications)
- Teaching and cultural experience in a supportive environment
- Round-trip airfare from your home country to Somaliland
- Emergency travel evacuation insurance
Closing Date: Open until filled
The school is an independent, non-profit, coeducational, boarding school serving grades 7 through 12 and offering comprehensive education with special focus on Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) as well as practical career training in the technical field. The school prepares students from the Horn of Africa for real world situations with a seamless combination of strong academics, technical applications, and analytical problem-solving skills. The school uses common planning time, an extended school day, and teacher collaboration to drive student achievement.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- TESOL Certificate
- Experience teaching, lesson planning or supervising children in an education setting
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to adapt to change and be flexible
- Teach English as a Second Language for 7th through 12th grade students
- Assist in developing and implementing plans for the curriculum program.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodation for individual student differences.
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Evaluate students’ academic and social growtCh, keep appropriate records, and prepare progress reports.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned, e.g. youth clubs, library development and sports activities.
- Flexible and willing to fill in and assist as needed at the school.
- Prepared to collaborate and communicate with other teachers, parents and the school board.
- Timeline: We are seeking a minimum commitment of 6 months, beginning of January 2023.
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org