Curriculum Editor (Remote Position)
Play a key role in creating colourful, fun, and innovative teaching materials that provide classroom teachers with the tools they need to utilize the communicative language teaching (CLT) method and task-based language teaching (TBLT) method with children aged 4-10.
- Evaluate content at various draft stages and submit feedback about errors and possible improvements.
- Propose new materials for our curriculum’s existing units.
- Assist with planning future units and their content.
- Perform quality-assurance testing of prototype classroom speaking games & role-play materials.
- Participate in monthly skills development training.
- Occasionally write short stories for early readers.
- Attend one or two weekly online meetings.
- Minimum three years of classroom experience teaching English-as-a-second-language to children between the ages of 4-7.
- Native level English language speaking and writing skills.
- Advanced knowledge of English grammar rules and how to teach them.
- Very strong attention to detail. (All candidates being considered for this position will be required to complete a 2-hour paid editing skills test that will test for detail-oriented thinking.)
- Graphic design software skills, ideally with Inkscape and/or Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience living and working in China, Japan, Korea, Thailand, and/or Vietnam.
- Previous curriculum design experience.
- $35-42K (USD) per year, based on experience and skilled.
- Participation in employee profit-sharing pool after 6 months of employment.
Submit your resume and a brief (100-150 word) cover letter describing why you’re a strong a fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline is Friday, March 1st.
Short-listed candidates will be offered the opportunity to complete an unpaid 40-minute timed skills test. Candidates who demonstrate sufficient potential on the 40-minute skills test will be invited to complete several additional paid skills and knowledge tests, include testing of editing skills, English grammar knowledge, and creativity (6 hours of testing in total) to further evaluation their potential for the position. The top candidates after completion of the paid skills tests will be invited to an interview (via video-call).
For more information, visit www.playguistics.com/employment.
To apply, email email@example.com