ESL Job in Adelaide
We are seeking experienced and dedicated ELICOS Teacher to join our team in both Adelaide and Sydney campus.
- Adelaide Campus is currently hiring multiple General English teachers to deliver evening classes at three different levels – Elementary, Pre-Intermediate and Intermediate, with minimum 20 hours per week, 5:00pm – 9:30pm (including 30mins’ break), Monday to Friday.
- Sydney Campus is currently hiring multiple General English teachers to deliver day classes at three different levels – Elementary, Pre-Intermediate and Intermediate, with minimum 20 hours per week, 9:00am – 1:30pm (including 30mins’ break), Monday to Friday.
We are a privately owned Registered Training Organisation (RTO) based in CBD Adelaide. Established in 1981 and is one of the most experienced hospitality schools in Australia. The college specialises in ELICOS, Hospitality, Cookery, Automotive, Business and Carpentry training and delivers training to both local and international students.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
The job responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Deliver ELICOS programs (EAP and General English) to International Students
- Carry out administrative functions in a timely and accurate manner, including but not restricted to recording attendance, providing written feedback on student assessment.
- Address individual student needs and concerns both inside and outside the classroom.
- Regularly reviewing learning and teaching outcomes, ensuring solid student progression and an excellent student experience
- Ensuring academic delivery and resourcing meet and exceed customer expectations within budgetary constraints
- Ensuring regulatory compliance on a local level, with solid understanding of regulatory and workplace requirements (including: ESOS Act, National Code 2018, ELICOS Standards 2018)
To be successful in this role you must have:
- A degree, and a Certificate IV in TESOL
- Appropriate educational management and TESOL teaching experience or equivalent
- Minimum of 1-year ELICOS teaching experience at a recognised provider
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present student-centred lessons aligned with course and learning outcomes.
- Excellent student/classroom engagement.
- A warm, empathetic manner in dealing with students
Desirable skills for this role:
- Passionate about English language teaching and international education
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Excellent work ethic
- Strong MS Office & student management systems skills
- Current Working with Children Check
To apply for this position, please send the following documents:
- Resume and cover letter
- Copy of appropriate degrees and qualifications, for example TESOL
There is scope to negotiate salary and allocated working hours with the successful applicant. This will be based on the successful candidate’s experience and the ability to complement and add to the skill set and to the team within the required areas.
Applications Close: Thursday 9th February 2023
Contact Job Support: firstname.lastname@example.org