ESL Job in Adelaide
$55 – $70 per hour
Do you want to make a difference in your classroom and the world?
If you’re ready to take your career up a notch and make your mark working for an industry leading ELICOS provider, we have the perfect role for you.
Join a growing cohort of dedicated teachers with an industry-leading ELICOS provider.We are currently looking for teachers with solid experience in teaching General English, as well as EAP, Cambridge B2 First, Cambridge C1 Advanced and IELTS.
What we’re looking for:
We’re on the lookout for a dedicated, passionate ESL professional to deliver face-to-face evening and/or morning classes on our Adelaide campus and join our eclectic and dynamic team of teachers. We offer General English and Exam Preparation classes on campus, and there will be both day and evening opportunities available for the right person! An immensely friendly and supportive teaching team and student care staff will care for you too.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with creativity, organisational skills, and experience teaching General English, EAP, Cambridge and/or IELTS. Candidates must have a recognised degree or equivalent and a Certificate IV in TESOL. All teachers will need to submit original copies of qualifications, and attend an interview.
Your new role
As our newly-appointed ELICOS teacher, you’ll be responsible for delivering face-to-face morning or evening classes on our lively Adelaide campus and/or providing casual teaching relief.
What you’ll be doing:
- Prepare and deliver dynamic face-to-face evening and/or morning classes to a range of levels based on our textbooks
- Provide our students with a supportive and friendly learning environment
- Basic administration tasks such as entering attendance, completing class diaries and attending teacher meetings.
This is a casual position based in Adelaide CBD.
To impress us, you’ll need:
- An enthusiasm for language and learning
- Excellent classroom management skills
- A desire to teach face-to-face
- Ability to differentiate learning for varied learner levels
- Creativity and a passion for innovation in the classroom
- Experience teaching a range of levels including exam preparation
- Flexibility to provide regular casual relief in addition to any allocated shifts
A bit about us:
We are one of the largest private education providers in Australia offering flexible, affordable, quality education to both the international and domestic student market. APC Education Group delivers government-accredited programs across VET and ELICOS sectors represented by three colleges: Australian Pacific College (APC), English Unlimited (EU) and APC Design School. We have 12 campuses located in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
English Unlimited is a multiple award-winning English college that endeavours to provide creative and innovative education to our students. AEG is committed to inspiring social entrepreneurship through education. We achieve this through our dedication to enabling global mobility through intercultural education experiences around our values of quality, equity and advancement.
What we can offer you
- Work at a multi-award winning school in a friendly and positive work environment in a stable business that has been operating for over 28 years.
- Teach at a school with a NEAS premium product, the Everyday English course, with in-house developed materials and an English Australia Award for Innovation finalist.
- Opportunity for career progression within the company (vertical and horizontal).
- Opportunity to relocate between Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane and Gold Coast.
- Ongoing professional development and free upskill opportunities with College short courses (courses include introductory courses to Photoshop, Indesign, Social Media Marketing etc.)
- 50% scholarship for staff and up to 5 friends or relatives per year at English Unlimited and APC vocational college.
- NEAS and EA membership – access to continuous professional development, conferences and networking opportunities with Industry Leaders.
To apply, please click on the ‘Apply for this job‘ button. In order for an application to be considered, applicants must provide:
A cover letter, no longer than one page, outlining your suitability for the position being applied for;
A current resume.